Wednesday, November 21, 2012

First day of freelance life: working with Euronews mates

I start this blog with a post about my job as a fixer/translator for the Euronews crew (Seamus Kearney & Christophe Obert). At 1-2 of November in Tallinn we produced a part of their report about Small claims procedure which is provided only in EU countries.

Actually it was a pure luck&joy starting my full time "freelance" career with those two guys the next day after quitting my day job. I am now used to camera work and editing, but this time I had an administrative role so i had to arrange all the interviews, set up local production activities and do the translation. 

Anyway it was another time i had a pleasant experience working in the name of quality - not quantity - as it is usual mostly for estonian media productions. Due to "human-friendly" schedule we had anough time to get our job done, have a little chat, warm up and of course... taste some local cuisine.

So, in two days we had three interviews - Director of the European Consumer Centre (Kristina Vaksmaa), judge of local court (Meeli Kaur) and the "victim" Jelena. I am glad i ve found them for the production as they were very helpful and cooperative as you can see in the following pics i made.

Also we had to set up some shots for the "stand up" though the only location i came up with was a KUMU museum where the action took place. As paper holders we used me, talented Maksim Stekolshikov and a local girl who actually works at the museum.

The final result you can see here:
http://www.euronews.com/2012/11/12/give-me-what-you-owe-me


No comments:

Post a Comment