Thursday, February 28, 2013

Panarama in NYC!

Hi there! So a bit of time passed since the last Panarama posting in this blog... but anyways... here it comes again. I traveled to New York to get some gear for my productions and just to vist the Big apple for the first time ... hope not last.
Here is a video I made with my GoPro while walking around Manhattan, loved that feeling.  


Okay! So the reason to take such a journey was simple - video equips & electronics are much cheaper in US than in Europe. As a result I saved around 1000 EUR (+ travel expenses) buying these items from B&H NYC Superstore:

- Beachtek DSLR audio adapter
- Glidecam HD-2000
- Sony UWP-V1 wireless lavalier system
- Ikan DSLR rig
- Refurbished Canon T3i + 18-55 kit
- Opteka slider system
- Rode videomic
- Apple Ipad mini
- PortaBrace large AV bag
- various accessories

And this is what it looked like when I got home (the large PB bag not viewed).  The ESTIMATE for purchasing this items in Estonia or Finland would be around 4500 - 5000 EUR. And the TOTAL I got in NY + taxes was about 3500 USD. So... thats fine with me :).   
Anyways... the main attraction for me about NY wasn't an Empire State Building or Central Park (but it felt damn good to walk around there in a sunny weather)... no... The biggest impression was a B&H Superstore ... the biggest photo&video shop Ive ever seen in my life (actually Rajala has one in Helsinki... but it s not as big). And the funniest (most interesting) thing about B&H is that majority of the staff are jewish people with their beards, hats and so on. 


And I liked the shopping scheme of B&H. You walk around the store, choose the stuff and they just send it over to the cashiers, so you dont have to carry your picks around. Very comfortable and smart!
OK, thats enough with the B&H advertising :)! 

Let me just show you some pics I took walking around. 


Have a nice day!
Ivan Panasyuk

No comments:

Post a Comment